Thursday, April 4, 2013

24. Tessuti Gridlock Fabric Competition

I did it!

I decided to join the competition last Tuesday and I finished it minutes before these photos were taken last night - not bad considering that Julian had gastro on Thursday/Friday and I had it Sunday/Monday.

The Jacket is from an old Burda World of Fashion (BWOF) magazine 05/2009 and the Knickerbockers are from another BWOF 09/2006.








I have to say now that I was absolutely CRAZY to attempt both of these pieces in such a short time period.  The piping was an absolute chore to make and it really got drowned out due to the busyness of the print.  And the print.  Well, what can I say, perhaps only that I like the blue?  The background is beige and it looks genuinely revolting against my face.

I will most likely only ever wear the jacket out of the house and the knickerbockers will be for around the home - I don't have the chutzpah to carry them off in public ;)

Make sure you have a look at the other entries on Pinterest - there are some stunners there!

Details:
Jacket
Pattern: BWOF05/2009
Size: 40
Fabric: 1.7m Gridlock from Tessuti (online) ($12/m)
Alterations: 1cm of sideseams, shortened by 2cm

Knickerbockers
Pattern: BWOF 09/2006
Size: 42 (and it fit with NO alterations - that NEVER happens!)
Fabric 1.55m Gridlock from Tessuti ($12/m)
Alterations: Nil

No comments:

Post a Comment